We are delighted to announce the first IPMO-accredited supervision programme for NQ mediators, offered by Mediation Foundation of Ireland (MFI).
Newly qualified mediators (NQM) will meet online once per month over twelve months (ten sessions) or equivalent.
The group size will be limited to a maximum of fifteen (15) NQMs and a minimum of nine (9). Topics to be discussed at the supervision sessions will include: -
- Guidance on different mediation models
- Exploration of advanced mediation skills
- Mediation sessions – sole, joint, multi-party & shuttle – how to decide
- Communications between sessions incl. time-outs
- Creation of case file notes
- Liaising with a legal representative of a disputant
- Understanding section 11 of the Mediation Act 2017 (enforcement of mediated agreements)
- Framework for personal and professional goals
- Consistent standards in mediation – including ethics & professional practice
- Planning on how to gain work as a mediator
NQMs will be able to ask for particular topics to be discussed at supervision sessions.
Every one-hour session will aim to improve the mediation skills of all attendees.
The supervision sessions will be interactive and will seek to address issues of most concern to NQMs.
Cost €985 / participant, course is offered subject to minimum numbers being met.
To enquire, contact Fiona Farrell (MFI Director) or call 089 6152276